Wednesday 29 October 2014

JUICE/RAW DETOX

I'm a bit late reporting back after this. But i survived & I'm a better person for it (health wise anyway!). 
I started the detox early evening so the next & first full day was the absolute pits (i imagine the second day if you start in the morning). After that i felt full of energy & my appetite was pretty non existent.

When i started eating meals again i swore I'd avoid sugar as I'm clearly addicted by the withdrawal symptoms i had, well avoiding sugar i did not. I ate all of the sugar. But i am slowly cutting back & using maple/date syrup as an alternative to refined sugar. 

I'm trying to juice & eat raw for one full day a week & juice twice a day everyday. Here's a couple of my favourite recipes. 

5 large leaves of kale
1 lemon
1 large apple
A 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger
1 sprig of fresh mint & water.

1 handful of basil leaves
1 cucumber, cut in half lengthwise
½ lime, zest and pith removed
1 apple, cut into wedges & water or ice. 

Kale has strong antioxidant health benefits which aids the body in fighting cancer. Lemon juice is antibacterial, high in vitamin C & the juice is alkalising for the body (balancing the bodies PH). Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer properties, protection against rheumatoid arthritis & hydrates your lymph system. Apples, well an apple a day keeps the dr away, right?! Ginger is a rich anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory. Cucumber is 96% water! but the water is naturally distilled making it superior to ordinary water. 

Juice is a great energy booster. If you need a quick pick me up for post-nap fun ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment